Friday, March 11, 2005

Post-travel laziness

I knew it was supposed to rain, which is why I planned to do so many outdoor errands. But the post-travel laziness has set in quite completely, and I feel no desire whatsoever to leave my semi-warm room and venture into the wetness. Yes, I know I need to withdrawl money from the bank before it closes for the weekend, and I know I don't have any food in the house, but these things seem so trivial when you consider that it is raining. To make up for my lack of outside errands, I have managed to clean my room, return several emails, download a few songs, and stare at the pile of presents I must package and send. I have pondered the reasons why my housemate has left his laundry to soak in the washing machine for two days. And I have debated the best way to reattach the fusuma paper on my japanese style window to its frame. I am not bothered by this innactive day, however, I am worried about the consequences of not doing my "To Do" list. But alas, until the pitterpatter on my neighbor's roof subsides, I will not waste my energy trying to ride my bike holding an umbrella down a hill without getting drenched.

No comments: