Monday, March 21, 2005

Can you hear me now?

Apparently there was a pretty big earthquake in northern Kyushu yesterday morning while we were winning our first game. I didn't learn about it until my American friend's mom called him and said she saw it on TV in California. It didn't effect me at all, since I am up north near Fuji, but my captain is from there. She was worried about her family since her calls wouldn't go through. This is a bad side effect of the increase in cell phones; when too many people try to use them at the same time, they don't work. There was a tv show that explained how to survive an earthquake. One of the suggestions was to have a 10yen coin in your safety bag. Why? For when your cell phone call won't go through. The problem is that they have taken out most of the public phones because everyone has a cell phone.

No comments: