Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Journeys and Journals

I've been trying to put together a webpage chronicling my journey through China, but I am finding it extremely difficult to do so. It's not that I have forgotten things; uncharacteristically, I kept a journal. I think it is that the immediacy and excitement of the trip has dimmed. I remember reading a "re-entry to the US" guide before I ended my year abroad a couple years ago, and one of the things it said is, "People won't really want to hear about your experience." I have fully realized this now. Two, three days after the fact, people care very little. Heck, even I don't look at my pictures that much after the initial postings. But despite having said all of this, it is my intention to set up a website anyway, even if it takes me the rest of my vacation (only another month) to do so. In fact, I am debating buying my own domain name and space. Any suggestions for the name? This development has just become easier since I bought a wireless router today, and with the help of a friend, set it up. I now have wireless internet in my room!! So look for me to be online more than I have been for the previous five months.

Good things aside, I am the latest victim of the head cold that is going around the country. And I got my rejection letter from Harvard in the mail. I am preparing myself for the reality of not having any plans for my future after September 14th. Yay!

No comments: