Monday, March 28, 2005

Caught in the Net

I am trying to get in touch with my volunteer side again. My friend, Mayo, volunteers at the Kyoto Art Center, and sometimes I join her for projects. Today I helped take down the latest exhibition, a project of postage stamps and bird netting. It took us nine hours to separate the little pieces from the big pieces and pack everything away. In the meantime, I seem to have been sucked into the world that is the Art Center - I often eat at the Cafe, I've gone to some workshops, I was on TV for them, and I have recently put my name down as a gallery guide/guard. I think I'm hoping for a place like Marsh Chapel was for me at BU, a place where I can just drop in to hang out or help out, whichever I prefer. At any rate, it's a good place to meet all sorts of people, from people with an interest in art to famous Japanese artists.

No comments: