Friday, July 01, 2005

Sayonara Tomodachi!



The last of my visitors left this morning. My house seems too quiet and extrememly bare now. I had a great time while everyone was here, though.

Anna and Jeff and Sarah reminded me of how much fun we had back in the good old KCJS days. A Bar, purikura, shabu-shabu, fireworks by the river, wandering Shijo Karasuma...crazy good times.

Jill and Erik taught me that walking is good. Yes, there are famous things in Japan, and yes it is nice to see them, but just wandering around the neighborhoods at a leisurely pace is often better than rushing to see golden temples and such. We also learned that the Japanese think that walking farther than ten minutes is too far for walking. I don't know how many times they said, "You can't walk there," and twenty minutes later, we had walked there.

Thank you all for coming and visiting me and making this month exciting and happy! I will visit you all in the fall, I promise!!!

No comments: