Thursday, July 07, 2005

Taking "Belated" to the Limit

I opened the mailbox today to find a package...from myself.

Three months ago I sent a birthday present to my friend, Jill, in Egypt. It came back to me today. It had been opened, searched, repacked, and tied with a string and this really cool lead button thing that looks like it was hand-made somewhere by an unstudious apprentice.

The contents were all present and accounted for, although the chocolate had melted and reformed into a state beyond edibility. It's a shame that I already told Jill what she was supposed to have gotten, but now, instead of a surprise about what she's getting, she'll be surprised that she's getting anything at all!

Thanks to the combined efforts of the Egyptian and Japanese Postal Systems, my friend will have a wonderful belated birthday present.

No comments: