Wednesday, April 13, 2005

You're welcome anytime!

After a long day of dealing with the hassles of starting a new school year at a Japanese university it's really nice to come home to a dinner waiting for you. That is, my housemate's mother is visiting from Taiwan, and she made dinner. I wasn't expecting it. I hadn't physically and mentally prepared for the Asian mother's kind but firm insistance on serving at least three helpings of everything. The cucumber squid dish was wonderful, the scallops and green onions were delicious, the sweet Taiwanese sausage made me want to put it on the menu at Bob Evans, and the sweet potato rice was the perfect cushion for the uni and octopus relish. And just when I thought I was going to burst, out came the Takashimaya box with joyful anko filled goodness inside. Thank you visiting mom!

No comments: