Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Dating Game

Over the past six months I have been given many reasons why Japanese men do not date foreign women. Here are a few:

Japanese men think that foreign women are:
-too independent
-too tall (particularly in the case of Caucasian women)
-not skinny enough
-scary/intimidating
-too powerful

Japanese men are:
-shy
-stuck in the old fashioned "guys are better than girls" mindset
-worried about the language barrier

Non-Japanese women often complain about coming to Japan and not being able to find a date. The amusing thing is, that when one does come across that random Japanese guy who is interested in dating foreign women, he is automatically under suspicion of being one of those Japanese guys who are obsessed with dating foreign women. You can't win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE your website. and I'm not just saying that because you are my friend and you are cool. I kinda wanna just get everyone in my office looking at your website--you just seem to perfectly capture the all the feelings I experienced while I was there. I love it. I really do. This is a great website. you are awesome.