Sunday, January 09, 2005

Subarashii Suberu

I like skiing! It:s great fun! Today was my frist time ever, and I was afraid I would be stuck learning how to stop and turn all day. But after a half an hour with the basics, I headed up the real mountain. I only fell three times all day, and no one could believe it was my first time. Or this could be flattery.

Skiing reminds me of two childhood activities. Firstly, rollerskating. The turning skills are very similar. My theory on why I did so well today is that it's because of all those years of skaing around in circles. Secondly, diving at the public swimming pool. You wait a long time in line/on the lift, and your time down is so quick. There are only a few variations on your actions, and I think it could become boring after a few hours.

Anyway, skiing is fun, and the three feet of snow outside is amazing!

No comments: