Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sharemates

There is a new drama on TV that I watch occasionally. It's about a woman who shares an apartment with a weird guy. I don't think either of my housemates are weird, but I have started sharing a house with them! I am all settled in now to my new place. It's a house. A real, regular Japanese house in north eastern Kyoto at the foot at Mt. Hiei. It's only 15 minutes from school and the same price as where I was living before. I have two housemates, one from Taiwan (I've met him) and one from New Zealand (he's vacationing right now). My room is huge, I have a real kitchen at my disposal, and I have internet. Oh the joys!! The only complaint I have is that it is cold. Very cold. I was living in southern Kyoto, which you would think is about the same temperature as northern Kyoto, but it is not. Ichijoji, the area in which I am living, is especially known for it's coldness, since the frigid air from Mt. Hiei runs down the mountain right into my neighborhood. Last night I had five blankets on my bed and I was still cold. Tonight I'm gonna use an electric blanket.

No comments: