Friday, December 10, 2004

Sugar Coma

I like to bake. That is, I like baked goods. So when my room came equipped with an ovenless microwave, I was disappointed. Last week I finally asked if I could exchange it for better one, and they did. Today I put it to the test. I baked about five dozen christmas cookies. The oven worked wonderfully. I just had two other problems. Firstly, there was a lack of cookie cutters. Consequently, the christmas trees are lopsided, the snowmen look like their heads are gonna fall off, and we'll see if anyone can recognize the bells. The second problem was the frosting. I ran out of powdered sugar so I had to go get more. The kanji was odd, so I took the package with me and matched the words. I got home, opened it up and realized it was closer to granulated sugar. Why are two different sugars called exactly the same thing in Japanese? I don't know, and my cookies have no frosting because of it. They taste good anyway. I can say with confidence that they have plenty of sugar, and my hea
dache and tummy ache will concur. You would think after years of eating excessive amounts of conkie dough I would build up a tolerance.

No comments: