Saturday, December 25, 2004

Speed check

I realized today that when I'm in Japan I'm in a completely different time zone. No, I'm not talking about my physical relation to the International Date Line. It seems that no matter how busy I am, I never have a problem with traveling time. In Boston, a 30 min train ride was horrible, and a 45 min car ride was ridiculous. But an hour walk was no problem. Everyday here I ride the train for at least two hours. Tonight I went down to Kobe for dinner, and thought nothing of the two hour trip, one way. I was just thinking that I could be in Indy from Fort Wayne in that time, but the drive always seems much longer. I guess I don't mind the train ride because I can send emails on my phone, read a book, or sleep. Or like tonight, all of the above!

No comments: