Sunday, May 22, 2005

High Class to No Class

I had an hour and a half before my bus left. So I continued my "I am sophistacted" day and sat down at one of the upscale restaurants in the Tokyo Station area for a little wine and dessert. I dined on a exquisite apricot tart and a glass of the recommended white wine while enjoying the spring evening on the patio.

And then I returned to normalcy. Or extreme boredom. I spent the next hour exploring one of the nearby "restaurants and shopping" buildings. Riding the escalator to the seven floor, I happened upon a bathroom. And because I am a connesouir of the best sort of places to find good bathrooms (department stores are the best so far), I went in. Evaluation: clean, but nothing special. However, they had western style toilets. By default, this means there was the little options bar on the side. I had never used any of the options. So I did. I pushed all the buttons.
-Flushing Sound
-Spray
-Bidet
-Dry
-Powerful Deoderizer
-Stop
I even changed the water temperature. I could have changed the seat temperature too, but my bottom was toasty at the current setting.

And so now I know. I suggest that if you travel in Japan you should try these buttons. And even if you don't have fun playing with the options, you at least walk out with a clean butt.

No comments: