Friday, October 22, 2004

The Next Eight Years

I spent all day yesterday researching my choices for graduate school. It is a bit daunting to read descriptions of the programs saying things like, "This program can be completed in six to eight years." I like to think that I have a free spirit, a sort of wandering not staying in one place sort of mindset. So setting up the next eight years of my life is scary. There are so many things to think of when choosing to live in a place for a long time, and unfortunately, I won't be able to visit any of the places to which I am applying. So, if anyone has opinions on the locals of these following locations, please inform me. I would be very appreciative.
Harvard (okay, I know Boston)
Columbia
Princeton
UC Berkely
Stanford
UCLA
Unfortunately, my choices in schools are rather limited by the fact that I want to study the obscure topic of Japanese religion in the Heian Period. There are very few professors/programs that are capable of helping me with this. So, if anyone knows anyone studying this particular topic, that would also be helpful to me. Anyway, I am off to watch festivals. Have a good weekend!

No comments: