Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Manpurse

In the States "metrosexuals" are a recent trend. In Japan, they are the rule rather than the exception. It all starts with the manpurse: a necessary item for all men not carrying a briefcase. Then come the tight pants, stratigically torn or dyed according to page 241 of the latest men's magazine (300pgs of fashion, I kidd you not). Match this with a nice 80's top, and your average Japanese young man is ready to go. Of course there are some that feel eye liner and lipstick are necessary also, but I won't dwell on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my not so humble opinion, I think metrosexuals are.. shall I say.. gay?

I once read a description of what a metrosexual was defined as and it was talking about a man who is well dressed, manicured, good hygiene, and blah, blah, blah.

I dress well. In fact, I have my own style and women compliment me or hit on me all the time. But I act like a man. Too many guys these days act and look more like women and, frankly, women are getting bored with it and want men to be men again.