Monday, September 12, 2005

Clarification and Explanation

Looking back on my last month of entries, I realized that I never clearly explained what it is that I will be doing in the near future. Although many of my readers are also frequent recipients of emails from me, some of you may be wondering about what this "leaving, coming back" thing is about.

Therefore, "Laura's Plans for the Future:"

1. Sept. 13 - Nov. 1 : The U.S. - Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Boston. Visiting, reminiscing, catching up. Interspersed with studying.
2. Nov.1 - Dec. 4 : Japan - Intensive Japanese study in preparation for the highest level of the Japanese Proficiency Japan.
3. Dec. 4 - Feb. 10 : Japan - Intensive study in preparation for entrance exam into Kyoto University's Graduate School, History Department.
4. Feb.10 - Mar. 1 : Waiting for results of said test.
5. If I pass, I will be in Kyoto for another two years until I have comepleted the master's program.
6. If I do not pass, I have no idea what I will be doing.

All plans subject to change, except for returning to Japan on Nov. 1. That's a non-refundable plane ticket.

No comments: