Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Bellhop Was My Best Man

I went downstairs to check out of the hotel this morning and was stopped by an employee as I walked into the lobby. -Could I go around please? A wedding was about to start.- Okay, so I went up to the 2nd floor where there was a balcony overlooking the lobby. From there an amazing picture met my eyes. In the middle of the painted scene of a columns and beautiful flowers, a stained-glass window was projected on the wall. In front of it was an altar with a church-related looking man patiently waiting. As I watched, a bride dressed in a beautiful white dress entered from a side staircase and met her groom to walk in to the lobby. At that moment, "snow" began to fall from above as a woman softly sang Amazing Grace with a slightly Japanese accent.



It astonished me that this hotel could, did, and was popular in arranging for the transformation of their lobby and cafe restaurant into a wedding chapel on Saturday mornings. Just imagine the couple watching their wedding video a few weeks later: beauty, style, and the 'ping' of the elevator door as it opened and closed for hotel guests.

No comments: