Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Scary Story

Fugu, pufferfish, is a wonderfully tasty and poisonous fish. It is usually expensive because it is difficult to remove the poison and it is delicious. One fish has enough poison to kill 36 grown men. Are you scared? I ate some last night. We happened upon a restaurant that had a festival special, so we all ordered some. After many jokes about death, we finally tried it, and it was really good! But then, for some unknown reason, I got really light-headed and almost passed out. Everyone suddenly got serious and there was a suggestion that we go to the hospital. But after 10 minutes I was fine, and no one else had any problems. I'm thinking maybe I had an allergic reaction to something in the dinner. Or maybe I got a weak dose of the poison, which sometimes causes people to have a tingly tongue. Or someone suggested it was psychological. Either way, don't worry. I'm fine. I'm not dead.

1 comment:

*MP* said...

Didn't Homer Simpson eat that fish and have a similar reaction?