Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Notes for the day

-I lost my bike. For two frantic hours I thought I was going to have to walk or take the bus everywhere. Then the little man in charge of lining up the bikes told me he moved it to the other side of campus to make room for an event. Whew.

-For the past three days I have stood next to the same two middle school girls on the train. Today they were memorizing kanji that I'd never seen before. I need to study more.

-Japanese people like to have warm butts. Heated toilet seats, train benches, carpets, and cushions are very common. They make me happy.

-I gave directions to two people today, once in English to Chinese tourists and once in Japanese to Japanese leaf viewers. It's very handy to speak more than one language.

-I love sending postcards. I like to stand at the postcard rack and pick out just the right one to send. Who wants a postcard? Tell me your address and you'll get one. I'm in the postcard sending mood!

No comments: